Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Parade!

From the moment we landed here, we have heard how people just absolutely love it here. I ask every one of them if they have a hard time with the cold and they all say something like they 'don't really notice it anymore'.  I am not one for the cold weather and Wisconsin is cold-but I'm starting to see why people really love it here.

 I have been doing a lot of looking and there is a TON of activities to do here! We went to the Indoor Farmer's Market and Zak was in heaven with the squeaky cheese and Mrs. Claus was there to help the kids decorate a free cookie and color a turkey.








 We also went to the Annual Christmas Parade to kick off the Holiday Season. That was a total blast. Sidewalks were PACKED with people. I really wanted a good seat so we left the stroller in some nook near some stores and went out into the road. I found a vacant spot in the gutter at the feet of a family and they totally were excited for us to sit there-they even offered their blanket for us to sit on! Moses and Heber were enraptured by the colorful, lit up, floats and the numerous marching bands playing music! My favorite float was the hot air balloon float that had 5 or more hot air balloon baskets with someone in each one blasting the fires that would normally be for filling up the balloons. Instead the heat was blasting out on all of us on the streets-it was totally toasty and warm as they went by! Never been to a Christmas Parade before, totally loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment