Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Heber's Hair

When I was a nanny in New Jersey, I cared for an Italian family. They had a tradition that they didn't cut their baby's hair till after the 1st birthday-if you did, your child would surely go bald as an adult. So I adopted this tradition even though both my boys have been called girls because of their long curly locks.
Zak really didn't like it when I went the extra mile to see what Heber would look like as girl!

Heber has been referred to as a girl SEVERAL times since we moved here to Wisconsin. I guess his blue outfits and dinosaur jacket just isn't enough to fight off his long pretty eyelashes and sweet duck tail curls.

So cute that girl!
Without being totally committed to cutting Heber's hair, I put an elastic band tightly around one of his pretty curls and realized that either I was going to painfully rip it back out or I was going to cut his hair right then. Moses joyfully watched-totally happy that HE wasn't getting a hair cut. I gave both of them a lollipop-Moses snuck a second one and the whole process took less than 15min. Sadly for Moses though, I wasn't going to let him get away with eating lollipops without getting haircuts, so I trimmed his up a bit while he screamed and bawled!



Before the lollipop

After the lollipop! Dum-Dums are so amazing!
Heber totally looks like a different child! No one on the planet could mistake him for a girl now. He's got mischief in his eyes that you couldn't see before!

2 comments:

  1. Love you and miss you and I'm so stoked you're blogging! The headband is beautiful, but even my girl would never wear one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan and I loved this we laughed and laughed. Maybe one day we will dress our girl in boy clothes.. haha.. you guys up in wisconsin are so funny. we are going to difinitally enjoy reading these more often.

    ReplyDelete