Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Family, every two weeks, Matthew and Megan's turn! June 14-18




This year we have been SO SO SO blessed and feel so so so loved!! Living out in Wisconsin has been a wonderful change for us. Our marriage is better, our children are doing awesome and Miller Electric treats Zak really well. Can't go a minute without mentioning how stellar our Ward is, too!

BUT, being away from extended family can be hard. It stinks when there are fun things going on and we won't be there. It is also tough when you know getting a babysitter is an option, but a loving Aunt or Uncle would have been an easier choice. We are learning to ask for help and loving this choice to be far away.

This spring has been abundant with family and love! Now, it is Matthew and Megan's turn to visit and they are staying five whole days! I love when Matthew and Megan visit because they are very calm and sweet and give me a new perspective on parenting and marriage. They treat each other with lots of kindness and patience. I really admire that about them. Last year when they came for Gretel's Blessing, I was able to see them just love on Gretel and it made me feel so much better about the love that I could offer her.

This year, we get to play a lot more!! Well, Gretel and I get to play a lot more! Zakary just barely arrived from his Military Training in California. I am sure his is exhausted, but he loves family so much. He jumped right in and we went for a hike up Mosquito Hill. It really is the only hill around for miles. You gotta climb it!


The kids all did great. Moses fell in love with little Lucy. He was so happy to see that she could TALK! They became fast, sweet friends. Megan amazed me that she had baby Bennett just two months ago and was out doing a road trip to visit family. Her love for family is very strong.





We took them to our favorite, Union Star Cheese Factory in Zittau, Wisconsin. (near Fremont). We arrived exactly on time to see the cheese go from shoebox shapes to door mats to curds. The process is just amazing!





I had never been up to Bay Beach Park, and I felt that our kids were finally at the right age for amusement rides. Each ride is only 25cents so it makes the day totally worthwhile! I had just been hired at Fox Valley Dental and the DDS paid me that day in cash! It was so fun to treat us all to the rides. I think the favorite was the giant slide.





I never knew how much Matthew loved strawberries til I mentioned that we got to the Cuff Farms strawberry fields and pick strawberries! He was all for it and when we got there he was beaming. The tractor ride was nice and long and the boys were in heaven. Out in the field it was hot, but the picking went really well and we ate as much as we wanted. I love the taste of sunshine in the berry!






The last day, we spent at Plamann Pond. For us, it doesn't matter that it is a landlocked manmade beach next to a tiny pond. We want beach, we want sand, we want water. We get it all at Plamann. And it was SO much fun! My boys are getting so brave in the water! Dunking their heads in, holding their breath, pushing out from the shore! Little Lucy loves water and was all giggles and teasing with her splashes. Gretel was all smiles and splashes, too! At the end of the night, we got to tell them all why we love them so much. It makes our life richer to share it with family.



No comments:

Post a Comment