Monday, August 24, 2015

Felt like magic. Greg and Sariah come to visit. May 2015

May 16 is a day we had been awaiting for a good couple weeks. We were so excited when Greg and Sariah told us that they would be coming out to spend a few days with us! From the moment they arrived we felt that we were enjoying something special. Grandpa Greg and Sariah were so much fun! Greg and Zakary were set out to build us a chicken coop. Sariah wanted to get some serious niece and nephew time.. Emily was hoping for a bit of a break from the regular routine and maybe even plan her garden!! Zak had already busted his back pouring the concrete flooring for the coop and Greg was super generous and paid for the lumber and tools to put up the roof and pillars. Moses and Heber were in heaven with Aunt Sariah. She had them making up songs as they were swinging in the hammock. Gretel was a tough cookie as she knee-walked all over the yard-including the garden, concrete, dirt and rocks. She just wanted to be part of it all.



Greg is tired. His body is worn down from the chemo and the cancer. It is hard to see him this way. I am amazed at how gentle and kind he still is when it must be so frustrating for him to be physically ill. I offered to have him move in with us so that I can feed him better food and research home cancer remedies. My main objective would be to improve his quality of life - AND enjoy his ongoing company. He said he is going to do a medical trial and hopes that works. I feel doubts. He also has said that he doesn't want family taking care of him. I think he wants to avoid becoming a burden.




 We took them on our mosquito hill hike in New London and Greg also took us out for dinner one night at Pullmans. I have never seen the kids behave so well!! They were thrilled to be at a "factory" and they ate EVERYTHING that was offered to them. Sariah was amazing at keeping my kitchen looking great! It was SO nice to enjoy just cooking and not also doing the cleaning. I am super grateful that they decided to come out! The weather was good, the company was awesome and the memories are precious.



No comments:

Post a Comment